Saturday 6 January 2018

Today we said goodbye

Life lessons my mama taught me
  • Use your manners
  • Say goodnight and goodbye
  • Zip up your coat...regardless of your age
  • Feed people, then feed them some more
  • Plant something from seed and watch it grow
  • The word sorry is meaningless if it comes without change
  • Celebrate birthdays and Christmas, Easter & the last day of school
  • Your mother is your mother no matter how old you are.....Shayne zip up your coat
  • Be kind to people, be kind to animals, bumble bees don't belong in jars
  • Say your prayers
  • Work hard, what you do matters
  • You cant always be your kids best friend, but you can stand beside them as they make their decision 
  • Loving someone will not change their behavior but it will change yours
  • Family is a gift, children are the jewels 
  • Addiction is a disease of the brain: it is preventable and treatable
  • Save your money, learn to budget but most importantly remember you cant work for nothing....treat yourself once in awhile
  •  No one ever has the right to physically hurt you
  • Marriage IS for better or for worse in sickness and in health, true partners take turns being strong, being brave, being true to the reality of where their journey has taken them and it is worth it 
  • The most valuable lesson my mama taught me is people do their best with what they know and where they are in that moment. My dad reinforced this when he knew I couldn't watch my moms decline and told me to focus on my boys. The last 4 years have shown me you don't need to be face to face to love someone,  She is in my memories, she is in every meal I make, every lunch I pack, she is in my garden, she is in my heart, she is my mom. 

                                                      kristen heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Low and Look Up

Do you ever get reoccurring messages in your life? I do... lately it has been look up. I seen a few IG post to look up and notice another pe...